Every day should start with a personal “pump-up” that gets you excited and comfortable no matter the day ahead. For some this is a song, or an Inspirational Podcast (I highly recommend this one), or a minute of yoga.
But today I’m going to give you the quickest, most reliable method to use in the morning. Or anytime of the day, for that matter.
Ready for it?
Breathe. For five minutes.
Here is the method I use:
- Sit cross-legged on a comfortable spot, or stand in the shower, or lie in bed. (but don’t fall back asleep.)
- Choose a mantra that suits your soul in the moment. I like to use my current goals, feelings or gratitude. For instance: “I am healthy” “I am happy” “I am excited for today” “Today is going to be really great” “I am successful” “I am beautiful” “I am abundant and entirely grateful” etc.
- Breathe in for 6 counts, hold it for 4 counts, and breathe out for 6 counts. Repeat this rhythm until comfortable and begin repeating the mantra during the breathing counts!
- Once you feel truly connected with your mantra, physically relaxed, and mentally ready: you may begin your day.
- Continue the morning listening to your favorite Podcast. My favorite is always “Inspirational Morning Podcast” on Itunes or Spotify. They always cover mantras, motivation, spiritualism, science, moon phases, intention setting, and more! I love it. It always leaves me feeling ready for my day.
That’s it! You can start your day right with this method, or even use it on the go during your day! I find this an amazing technique for anxiety relief, depression, and busy days.
Have a favorite mantra or meditation? We would love to hear it! Tell us here.