Hello Fellow Earth Dwellers.
Today I will show you how to become a PRO Traveler! I have been seriously missing the road-trips with Tyler lately, and it’s just at the cusp of the season to do so. There is a lot of us who want to travel, but feel as if they can’t or just do not understand how easy it is. I’d like to be the advocate to show y’all just how capable each of you are to take affordable trips once in a while.
Tyler and I usually take 20-25 small vacations during the warm months, because our favorite thing to do together is to pack up and drive somewhere to meditate and hike. We frequent Hocking Hills because it is the best hiking spot in all of Ohio, full of beautiful scenery no matter where ya go.
Once on a trip with my brothers, we went off trail on the mountaintop to climb down the cliff-side through large cracks, hanging trees, and tilted rocks until we reached the bottom. We were literally 30 yards away from the trail at the bottom of the mountain but hit a drop on the cliff-side that was too large, which had zero sturdy hanging trees to climb down- so we went all the way back up the mountain for another hour and finished the trail. It was quite comical, and a wonderful time.
I have here a compilation of all our favorite tips to live by when we travel (because it’s often, so this has helped a lot). Our lives have been so much easier and trips are less stressful, always. I’d like to share these tips with you guys today, and also encourage y’all to take more vacations. Follow these guidelines to start traveling with ease today!
I’d love to hear what tips y’all have, and if you send them here we can feature them on our social media 🙂
How To Travel Like A PRO!
- Pack light! Taking a trip is 100x easier if you pack only essentials.
My mother is a mom, after all- so she would pack everything in the house to prepare the family for vacationing. She would tell us to pack two days before and bring one of everything. It was cute.
As an adult whom now transports my own baggage, I’ve learned that you can pack way smarter to have an easier time along the trip there and back.
Tyler and I share 1 book-bag for all clothes, toiletries and personals. (Chargers, books, entertainment, etc) and 1 box of food or other items. That’s usually it.
- Pack non-perishable foods. This makes transport and clean-up very easy, and saves money on food. We pack canned beans, vegetables, fruits and soups. We like to bring dried fruits, nuts, and chips for snacks, and one case of water for every person attending the trip.
- Pack hiking clothes. I don’t know about you, but Tyler and I always end up finding a place to hike or walk. If there is a trail, we gravitate towards it. So one thing I’ve learned is definitely bring clothes to do so- otherwise your nice stuff becomes gunked.
- Pack a filtered water bottle. Whether you are camping or in an unfamiliar place, clean water may not always be available. We have seriously appreciated having a water bottle to filter out all fluoride, metals and toxins in any water we come across.
- You can utilize a large Adidas bag to your advantage- the middle compartment is large enough to fit any clothes and personal items and there are two large side pockets to fit anything else you need, i.e. toiletries and entertainment
- Always bring a few stones/crystals. We have a large collection, and multiple sets of favorites for different needs, frequencies or meditations. One of the most important things we try to remember is whatever stones feel right at the time. I once thought I had forgotten to pick out a few for a Florida trip (it was my first time flying and they’re comforting in meditation) but while boarding the plane I found my two favorite rocks in my purse! It was an amazing accident, and I held tight to them the rest of the trip. Stones regulate and cleanse energy, while attracting the right kind. You never know when you’ll need them, so always grab a few!
- If you are going on a Business trip, pack smart! An inter-changeable packing method is essential here, because you need multiple types of clothing; as well as business supplies most of the time.
The trick is this:
- 2 Shirts
- 1 Jacket/ Blazer
- 1 Cardigan
- 1 Skirt
- 2 Pairs of pants
- 1 Dress
- 2 Pairs of shoes (One hiking, one cute)
These 10 items will easily last you a week of outfits! Mix and match everything into easily 10 different outfits. Fold items as you’re done so clean-up and packing is way easier. Then you can pack one workout set and one sleep set.
- If you struggle with travel anxiety, try a few meditation/breathing methods- or even a good book! The distraction of getting lost in a story, or breathing the body into relaxation will effectively calm the mind and ease the process. Focusing on the anxiety usually results in a head or stomach ache, so I’ve found that these methods help ease symptoms before it gets to that point.
- If you’re traveling by plane, I highly recommend Flights Mojo because we’ve had awesome experiences every-time! We can easily sift through the cheapest/best flights and book with a click of a finger!
- We always use Booking.com for our hotels and cabins. We like to stay in the upper-class options, and they have an awesome selection of both the high and low end stays. Choose from the best prices compiled on one site! It’s always super convenient and easy to book! They give you a calendar for each listing to check availability without calling, and you can choose your dates by sliding your finger! No phone calls and no waiting.
- We use our Pseudo Brand Castile soaps for travel. We only need two small 4 oz. bottles and voila!
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Body Wash
- Multi-Purpose Cleaner/ Disinfectant
ALL TAKEN CARE OF! No buying supplies while on vacation, only to throw them away. No carrying a huge bag of toiletries just for all of these things. NOPE. One. Single. Soap. Two small bottles for all five products 🙂 This has literally been amazing for us.
- If you wear make-up, pack lightly. So many women bring cases of make-up, and it makes my eyes roll. Unless you need it for your job or something that literally entitles many people needing that much make-up, then why are you bringing it? Maybe 10 of those 100 products will be used. So this tip is to pack lightly. Only bring the necessities: 1 Mascara, 1 Eye shadow palette (small), 1 Lipstick, 1 Blush/Contour Bronzer, and if you can help it: no powder/ foundation. I know some can’t live without it, but if you can- do. It is healthier for your skin, safer for your luggage (Breaking bottles really sucks) and saves space.
*Ticket prices are starting from the Detroit Metro Airport!
Best Travel Destinations
This is a wonderful place to go if you need a break from the world, but do not have a lot of cash on hand. The drive into the city is amazing, and any hotel or cabin you rent will be absolutely beautiful and surrounded by trails to walk on for days and days. With a short drive you can reach the main focal points of Hocking Hills such as Old Man’s Cave and Conkles Hallow, which are great spots to start on. We enjoy going off trail anywhere we go, and this is the best place to do so- but BE CAREFUL. Any step could be a drop into a crack, cave or sink hole- and you do NOT want to fall.
For us: $40 in gas
This is a beautiful place to go as well. You are right next to a Colorado City, which is laced with awesome places to visit- and you are a short drive from the mountains and scenery! The thing about Colorado, is that no matter where you go- there is scenery. Especially for someone who grew up on flat Ohio land and only visited Hocking Hills. Enjoy the quiet serenity, while enjoying beautiful hikes through the high energy mountains.
Round-Trip flight: $445
Florida is the first ever place I have flown to, and It is one of my favorite trips to this day. There is deep sea fishing, which is absolutely amazing. I’m terrified of boats, but it was so beautiful and fun that I got over it quickly and enjoyed fishing for grunts. Someone even caught a huge orange squid! My boyfriend’s beautiful cousin Sara, pictured below, captured an incredible picture holding the beast! She handled that slithering beauty like a pro! I was nervous to even tough it, so I was pretty proud. We ended up catching a bucket full of grunt fish, and cooked homemade tacos for dinner!
Florida has an air boat ride which takes you down the river into a spring to swim and drink delicious, naturally filtered water.
They also have delicious food, everywhere. Even rest-stops are filled with Starbuck’s, Pizza Hut and local fancy Thai, Mexican and sushi.
Oh, and the strip malls! All top brands, like Gucci, Vera Bradley, Versace, Forever 21, and Gap send over-stock to malls like these for up to 70% off!
Panama City, Florida round-trip flight: $445 but if you catch tickets at the right time, they go down to $60 round-trip!
Round-Trip Tickets: $1101.85
This is an obvious one. Italy is absolutely exquisite, and you can back-pack through to see the architecture, mountains, cities and vast beauty. The hotels are amazing and the cities adorable. This is a beautiful honey-moon destination.
Round-trip Flight Tickets: $2643.07
Definitely check out Corks, Crafts & Canvases LLC in Reidville, South Carolina! You can relax, drink wine, eat delicious appetizers while learning to paint a beautiful canvas! I absolutely love the concept, an the shop is gorgeous! Their prices are un-beatable! Grab the whole group and enjoy a nice evening out 🙂 The scenery here is beautiful, and SC offers huge mountains and awesome national parks!
Jessica Booth, of GIRL has formulated a perfect chart to deciding what to pack!
You’ll never over-pack again!
Traveling can be small or large scale, and both types of vacations are always worth it!
Follow us on Snapchat for Stream updates, Special coupons/links, cannabis cultivation and our daily shenanigans 🙂
Subscribe to our Youtube to watch gaming updates 🙂 We like to stream epic matches with our buddies.
Did you miss the latest Blog?
Fund your trips with online side hustles!
Subscribe to our E-Mail Newsletter for Monthly Exclusive Coupons, Sales, Blog Posts and Events!
You can find the widget to sign up at the top right of the Home Page. Thank you 🙂
You May Also Like…
Read “Jalapeno Poppers Recipe”
Read “Business Start-Up Checklist”
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for Professional Business Management, Herbalist Tips, Health&Fitness, Spiritual Guidance, Cannabis Cultivation, and a Love-Based Community Namaste.