How amazing are the Jalapeno Poppers whenever you find them on a menu? We have been ordering at oasis a lot lately, specifically for the poppers, and I sort-of had an epiphany.
I make everything from home, so why not these?
We always have them on hand, and most of the other ingredients as well- since I’ve been sushi obsessed.
The boys wouldn’t put these down! I had them sneaking into the kitchen to grab one while I wasn’t looking throughout the whole process of cooking and photographing the poppers. Within minutes they were totally gone.
Let me tell you…
There is nothing better than a homemade Jalapeno Popper, Bro.
The flavor is spicy, the crunch is still present in the nearly fresh jalapeno, and the price is 1/3 what you normally pay!!!
We picked up a lb of jalapenos, which is around 15, for only $2 and all of the other ingredients we had at home. You can literally make 30 poppers for around $5! How unbelievable is that shit when you pay $9 for 7 poppers anywhere else? That is so booty. I will never go back and since I have found our new favorite late-night snack food, I thought I’d share with y’all 🙂
What You Need:
- 1 lb Jalapenos
- 6-8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1/4-1/2 c Milk (Depending on consistency)
- Cut jalapenos in half, and core each half.
- Whisk cream cheese for better pliability, and fill each jalapeno half. Smooth the cheese around the edges of the pepper, to limit messes.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- In the mean time, add all breading ingredients to a bowl, and whisk until every chunk is broken down. Refrigerate for 1 hour as well.
- Once both are cold, Heat a pot of oil on medium heat. Coat each popper and drop into oil. Fry 3-4 at a time only, unless you have a larger fryer. Once they float, they’re done- you do not want cream cheese to leak out.
- Set onto a paper-towel to dry excess oils, and enjoy!
WARNING: If you do not handle spice well, stop after 5. *Insert giggle* These babies are fresh, so they are HOT!
The BEST PART: These are even better re-heated! Bag the left-over poppers and put into the freezer, next time you want some just heat up fry oil and re-fry them. They will be crunchier and more delicious!
Thank you for reading!
Follow us on Snapchat for Stream updates, Special coupons/links, cannabis cultivation and our daily shenanigans 🙂
Subscribe to our Youtube to watch gaming updates 🙂 We like to stream epic matches with our buddies.
Share this post on Social Media for your friends! With every share, we reach up to 2,000 more people! 🙂
Did you miss our last Blog?
Subscribe to our E-Mail Newsletter for Monthly Exclusive Coupons, Sales, Blog Posts and Events!
You can find the widget to sign up at the top right of the Home Page. Thank you 🙂